Why we conduct customer satisfaction surveys, and why you should consider surveying your customers too
October 7 2015 |
There is nothing more important for your business than happy customers. Satisfied patrons mean return business, and could result in future referrals for the company.
Here at Pivotal Payments, we value our merchants' feedback. It is essential for us to know how we are doing and that is why we regularly ask for your feedback via customer satisfaction surveys. Merchants just like you are in a position to tell us what we are doing well, and what we can do better. Your feedback helps us improve the services we offer and to become more efficient at resolving the issues that matter most to you. As successful business owners, your insight as to what you need and what your expectations are help us to continue delivering exceptional service to you.
Successful companies understand that open lines of communication are essential to that success. Survey details allow a business to gather information, and to reveal trends within the industry; analysis of that data makes it possible to base business decisions on current facts, and to compare results over time. Listening to the voice of the customer is key: times change, markets change, client expectations change, and it is vital to keep up-to-date with customers' business needs and expectations.
Your own customers may share ideas on how to improve your product or service, and encouraging your customers to complete satisfaction surveys could help further your success. We can help you get started.
Here are a few easy steps that will help you plan your own customer satisfaction survey:
- Determine the reason and the goal of the survey
- Decide how you will use the information collected
- Create a series of questions. Keep the questions short, clear, and simple
- Select a group of 10 to 20 customers to test the survey prior to release
- Review the initial results and make any necessary changes
- Send the survey to your customer base
- Review and analyze the collected results and take action
- Follow up with a "Thank you" to the customers that took the time to provide feedback
Here are some survey tips from Survey Monkey – an affordable online survey service available for any business.
5 Tips for Writing a Great Survey
- Define Your Objectives. Figure out the decision or decisions you're trying to make to focus your survey.
- Work Backwards. Once you've set your objectives, determine the data you need to gather in your survey to make your decision.
- Check for Bias. Make sure you're not asking leading questions.
- Do a Test Drive. Send your survey to friends and colleagues for a test run. They'll help make sure your questions and response options are understandable and all your survey logic works.
- Collect Results and Analyze Data. The data rolling in from your survey should help you decide what product to launch next, how to raise more money at your next fundraiser, what to do to keep customers coming back, what to serve at your next party and much more.
Check www.surveymonkey.com and start planning your survey today!
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you better!
Pivotal Payments Team